Monday, May 23, 2011

Taking Time For Fun

This past weekend was the first weekend, other then the week vacation we had in march, since before Christmas that my husband has had off of work.  So aside from the list of things that needed doing which I've had in my head for months, my uncle told me not to forget to have some fun.  So we did.  We went to a local fair and saw some really cute shows that were free with the very low price of admission.  The boys got to feed and pet some animals from around the world and we went on a ride together, which we hadn't planned but we ran into an mp we knew and he gave us some tickets!  The whole afternoon was fun and stress free.  We've had a ton of rainy nasty weather lately, and that day was supposed to be the same, but Saturday stayed mild and warm and nice all the way through!  I really needed it!

This weekend is my wedding anniversary, its actually the anniversary of the day we started dating as well, we got married on the same day three years later.  So this is our seventh wedding anniversary and we've been together now for a decade!  Most of the time I don't feel old enough to have spent almost half my life with someone, it surprises me every year even though it shouldn't.  It also brings up some unresolved feelings because my mother isn't a fan of my husband and refused to come to the wedding, or to allow my siblings to be there.  My dad was actually there in a rare attempt at being a stand up guy he even gave me away.  So my wedding day was a little bitter sweet.  The ceremony was beautiful, we were married on a friends dock on the lake at sunset.  My husbands best friend was ordained online and married us, it was a small event mostly immediate family and a few friends, only about 23 people altogether. 

This weekend we are going to have dinner out with the boys and just enjoy each others company. We decided to cancel plans to go upstate and visit family while my husband is on vacation, and stay here and relax instead.   I was so stressed out just thinking about going upstate, and we would have had to pull the boys out of their last week of school, its so much better this way.  I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my boys and my husband even if it means missing my hometown parade!

I also stopped taking the victoza I was on.  The daily needle was getting more and more painful, and I started having bad stomach and intestinal pain, I just couldn't take it anymore.  I'm making an appointment to see my primary and seeing what other options are around because its just causing me too much stress.   I initially tried to take it every other day to see if that helped because I was already on the lowest dose, and I noticed the days I didn't take it I felt a lot better, now I've been off it for three days and feel even better so no more.

  I've been walking a lot but I haven't gotten back to the gym in a few weeks and I know I need to.  Its harder now with the kids about to be done with school and the husband working days but I'll have to figure it out soon.  I'm drinking a lot more water and trying to eat better and move around more, I've also been reading a lot and I enjoy it so its good for me I just need to find a way to read and move at the same time!

1 comment: