Saturday, May 7, 2011

weekend homebound just another frustration

Last weekend's cub scout camping trip went well.  The husband had to work so he dropped us off and helped us set up before he took off for the night.  I helped two other people with their tents and rounded up children til mine were ready for bed and then attempted to sleep in my new sleeping bag.  It fit around me but was about 5 inches too short for me so I froze, April in New York isn't that warm by day so at night in a tent its downright frosty.  When did they start making everything shorter.  I'm not that tall, but more and more I find things to be too short for my use.

The next day my little tiger cub moved up to a wolf cub, I was so proud of him.  Its a huge step for us because its so hard for my little guy to participate in things long term.  He's autistic, and as high functioning as he is sometimes the world isn't understanding enough for him to join in.  We have an amazing scouting organization here and they made this year a joy for all of us which means the world to me. The day was filled with fun stuff for the boys and families, these people are truly amazing in everything they do!

The rest of the week has been rough because I got a touch of the stomach flu. I'm feeling a lot better today but my husband is working days this month and that means a 12hr shift on the weekend, which means he's gone til 8pm, basically the whole day.  Being home with the boys is fine, but a weekend stuck home kind of sucks hardcore.  The boys have been good so far but only so much time with mommy is fun and I've just about run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment