Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter, the stomach flu and getting back on track

So I had been going to the gym with the husband for awhile, and then he and the boys were sick last Thursday and Friday with the stomach flu and being the only healthy person I was nursemaid for a few days which I let be an excuse not to work out.   I don't like to go to the gym without my husband and I let that keep me home.  Then Easter weekend came with all the cooking, egg hiding and dyeing, and the basket making left for me to do because my husband had to work 12 hr night shifts on the weekend, which is rough for him and sucks for us all.  I went to bed at 4 am before Easter and was back up at 7:30 am when the giggling of excited children was too loud to ignore.  So Sunday I cooked and did little else, by 8:30 pm I was falling asleep in the chair and took myself to bed.

  Monday I got up still exhausted and feeling completely run down and I couldn't shake it.  I went to the gym and got through most of my workout( All but 7 mins of my tread mill cool down) and then starting feeling really nauseous.  I thought I had just worked out really hard but by the time I got home the dizziness and shakiness had set in and I realized that I now had the darned stomach flu.  I got it worse then everyone else and have been sick since , but at least I got through that workout on Monday!  Today I am feeling nearly human in the since that I can eat normal food, in smaller portions which is fine, still some tummy pain but I've been trying to drink plenty of liquids and have spent less time counting bathroom tiles so I'm happier.  The problem is tomorrow is my husbands birthday, so my weight loss challenge is over.

Did I loose the weight he wanted me to, no, but I have gotten back down the ten pounds I'd gained over vacation and being sick the last time, due in part to being sick again so time will tell if its a maintainable loss.  I was 25 pounds short of the goal, and I'm trying really hard not to be upset about it.  I still feel like I'm letting him down in a big way, and myself for that matter.  I haven't done a good job of reaching my goals this year and its a failing on my part.  But tomorrow I'll be back to working out again and I'll be back to having to portion control and calorie count, if I can stomach it yet.  I need to not let myself get so run down all the time.  I exhaust myself taking care of everyone else and then have to take two steps back getting myself put back to rights.  Some day I'll learn how to keep life more balanced, til then I'll be faking it til I make it I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment