Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where Did I Go?

Where DID I go?  I'm not really even sure.  I kind of lost myself there for awhile.  I got sick and then went home on vacation and when I got back I just stayed in that no dieting no exercising no caring mentality.  My husband has been doing anything he can to try and re-motivate me but I've just kind of let it all go.  I haven't gained any weight back which is a blessing in itself, but I don't really keep track of anything and haven't done much more then walk.  Spring allergies haven't helped, 15 mins outside and I'm a teary eyed nose running mess.  My husband got me the biggest loser game for kinnect, has offered to take me swimming almost every day, swats cookies and garbage out of my hands at the grocery store, and is even competing in a weight loss competition at work himself, trying to help motivate me.  I just get mad and don't want to talk about it.  Why don't I want to face it?  Its not like its going anywhere. 

I keep telling myself tomorrow I'm going to get it together, then I start my day and begin with good choices and plan on working out, then by noon all I want to do is take a nap.  And I know part of the reason.  My blood work came back and I am iron deficient, and my vitamin D levels are low which is normal coming out of the winter for most people.   I take a multivitamin with iron in it and around my time of the month I make sure to eat iron rich foods, but I guess its not been enough. So I'm tired all the time, my husband had thought I was just being lazy, but its a deficiency.  I am going to try and take pre-natal vitamins like my doctor told me, but they made me sick before so I'm not thrilled with the idea.  I need energy that I'm just not getting.  I'm so tired lately I don't even want to work out because I'm worried I won't have the energy to get through my day, it sounds silly but I get so worn out that its a real concern for me. 

My husband asked me to loose 30 pounds for his birthday.  He asked me a few weeks ago, giving me about 60 days in which to do it.  It seemed so much more doable at the time because it was before I got really sick.  I was out for about a full week when I got sick, I even had to go to the ER because I was coughing so bad it was tearing my throat and I was bringing up blood, they were worried I would cough so hard I'd crack a rib. I was still getting better, slowly, when we headed home to see the family and that week was hectic and busy so by the time we got back I was exhausted for a few days after.  That was two weeks ago and I'm still making excuses for myself, now I'm down to a month and I have only gotten down about 3 pounds.  I don't want to disappoint him, he's been trying so hard to help me, but I feel like if I try and fail then I'm letting him down on his birthday.  The stress of this is making me mad all the time and I don't want to be like that. 

1 comment:

  1. Sending you lots of ((HUGS))

    I could have written this post at one time or another. There's always tomorrow. The day starts with good intentions and goes downhill. Yep. Been there.. lots.

    I also get the medical issues. I have very low Vitamin D and am on a high dose to bring it back up. I have other medical stuff that makes it tough to lose weight.

    You're probably not going to make the 30 pounds in a month.. being realistic. But I think your husband would not be disappointed.. as long as you put some effort into this. I know it's tough. I know it feels impossible to say no to certain foods. I know the siren call of the couch when all you want to do is sleep. You just have to fight this. You have to fight to do what needs to be done.

    I don't win every battle. But I'm winning more than when I started. And I fight it every day.. because it's only if I give up that I've failed. So.. do this! For yourself. For your family. Never give up!

    ReplyDelete