Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Working out my work out plans

So its back to the drawing board as far as my work out routine goes.  I'm in the research phase of figuring out the plan going forward.  I'm heading back to the gym tomorrow to shake things up.  I'm taking my husband along for moral support and to keep the people who work there off my back, when your heavy at an MWR gym they follow you like you're trying to steal something.  I think its a liability thing they think the silly fat girl is going to hurt herself and/or break something and it needs to be watched carefully or something.  My husband told me to bring a clip board because then I'll look official enough to be left alone!

My hope is to be able to change up my routine enough to shake up my metabolism and maybe get it working again.  I started taking a better vitamin and it is helping, I feel more awake but I'm still feeling really sluggish in the morning so I got an Italian coffee pot that makes just two small cups of strong coffee which should keep my calories down and eyes open.  I've been making coffee just once a day and giving one cup to my husband, and a lot of doctors say that just one to two small cups of coffee are good for you so I'm giving it a go for awake-ness.

I have been doing better in a lot of ways lately, even if I haven't had a perfect week, I'm not letting myself  get in my own way as much.  ANd really I'm my worst problem, but we all are in the simplest and most complex ways.  We sit in the road to success staring backwards at all our mistakes instead of looking forward to a better future.  When we do look down that road at all the things we need to accomplish we tell ourselves its too hard, its too long, its not worth it, I can't do it.  When that road only asks us to take one step at a time, one day at a time, one goal at a time in the right direction.  It wills us one by one with the promise that we can get there in time, it is achievable.  I am my own worst enemy, but I'm also my own best friend, and I need to be a better friend to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment