Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Doing Better Today

Had a better day yesterday, spent some time in my kitchen which makes me happy, cooking calms me down and I know the kitchen can be the danger zone for someone as overweight as I am but its a good stress release for me and I don't snack along the way so its usually not a problem.  I made cabbage rolls from an old family recipe, I tweaked it a little though.  I used lean ground turkey and brown rice, made my own tomato sauce and added grated onion and carrot to both the sauce and the rice mixture for added veggies and natural sweetness.  It was just as good as my mom makes and my kids actually liked it, plus I had lots of leftovers so dinner tonight is a reheat and eat night which gives me some time back.  I even did a bowing work out while the rice was cooking!

I just want to thank everyone who reads my blog and especially Jacqui for your kind and positive words, it really means a lot to me to have people to share my struggles and my triumphs with.  Other then my husband I don't have much support in this, and reading your blogs and sharing mine helps.  I think a lot of my slump could have been helped if I'd been on here everyday reading and thinking like I had been, at the very least I could have posted my struggles sooner and gotten a little relief in the telling.  I'm already feeling a lot better then I was a few days ago because I'm talking about it.  I hear all the time about the importance of a support network and I always felt a little defeated for not having one in my day to day life, I'm just starting to see how this blog and those that I follow are creating that network for me, so thank you guys!!! 

1 comment:

  1. KayBeth.. you are welcome for the support. I have the same support issues, as I don`t have much around me either.

    I totally agree with the calmness in the kitchen. That is one of my stress relievers as well!

    Keep up with the healthy changes.. they will add up and you will do well!

    ReplyDelete