Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Month One Down, Eleven More to Go

So January has come and gone, and ended on a sour note for me.  With changing my meds the last week and feeling so sick the last few days I wanted mostly to crawl in a hole and die, I'm back up to 357 pounds.  I had gotten to 359 within two days of changing the meds, so I've managed to get down 2 pounds in the last three days but I'm still up 5 from the beginning of the month.  As far as my monthly goals I managed to drink my water every day and that was about it. But February is here now and its time to move forward.

February's goals are:
1.  Weight loss of 25 pounds, hard for a short month but should be doable, I hope.
2.  Continue to drink at least 110 ounces of water daily!
3.  Swim at 44 laps in 50 mins (I hope I can get some pool time this month)
4.  Cycle one and two on the 17 Day Diet

We started the 17 day diet today, so far the meal plan hasn't been too hard, I'm sure the restrictions would have been a lot harder if we hadn't been cleaning up our diets all last month.  There's only a few things we had to cut for the first 17 days so I think I'll be able to handle it.  I;m also trying to add more of a workout to what I do.  My boys are home today from school because of snow again, and may be tomorrow as well, so I've already gotten in a boxing workout  today with my husband before he left for work, and I packed him good snacks and meals for when he's at work so he won't run into trouble.  I'm planning some resistance training and maybe another cardio work out, I can't swim tonight because the pool is closed and husband is working an odd shift.  But hopefully thursday and saturday I can hit the pool. 

Its a new month, I have new goals, a new doctor approved meal plan, and a new medicine.  I have hope that I will see the changes on the scale that I've been looking to see, but mostly I have hope.  I know that no matter what happens on the scale, the food choices and exercise makes me a healthier person.  I'm also applying for classes and will be starting school in the next few months, I'm thrilled to be going back to school!

1 comment:

  1. Thats a great attitude! I weighed myself on a different scale after my morning weigh in i damn near cried said i was 7 lbs heavier i was like WHAT?!?! but then i just thought about it regardless of the weight i have still lost 16 lbs! I just need to stick to 1 scale so I dont go bananas! February will be awsome

    ReplyDelete