Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brick walls were made for running in to

So after a few weeks of meager/non-existant weight loss, which to be honest follows a nine month trend of non-existant weight loss, my husband has been back online looking for an answer to the whole thing.  For the most part we're both kind of tired of me being on a medication that makes me sick all the time for no good reason.  It was supposed to help me lose weight, and for a lot of people who are insulin resistant or have Poly-cystic Ovarian Disease it does help, not only to lose weight but in those issues as well.  The problem is I have neither issue and the medicine makes me sick to my stomach all day every day. It would be nice to get off of it.

My husband thinks I have an adrenal issue because the symptoms list reads like the story of my life, but the problem is its hard to get diagnosed.  Today we went  through the first round of doctors visits, a trip to my Primary who told me he could refer me to surgery for weight loss or shake my hand and wish me better luck with my endocrinologist.  So next thursday its off to see my endocrinologist and hope he'll order the tests my husband wants done.  My husband is a lab tech and was mad the Primary didn't order any tests because he was hoping to go to the next doc with the missing puzzle pieces but now he has to hope the other doc will let him run the labs in his lab because the other lab takes forever. But my primary said he didn't see the point in ordering tests he couldn't understand the results for, makes me feel real good about having him for a doctor!

Its a constant issue we have in having military doctors, they can do surgery, that they understand, but being weight loss resistant has them stumped.  They deal with everything else well, and to be fair its not exactly a daily issue for them, most of their patients have to keep in shape to keep their jobs.  Its just becoming harder to deal with working my butt off on a daily basis, keeping insane about my diet, drinking enough water for three people, and trying to keep the rest of my life in balance only to see meager if no improvement on the scale. 

I guess in the end its just hard for me to believe that there isn't just something I'm doing wrong, but if there is no one has caught it yet, not my team of doctors, not my super fit husband and not me.  I wish I could just pinpoint one issue that needed more work, one thing I could do just a little but better and the whole thing would just fall into place. I keep hoping that can still happen, in the meantime I'm going to get prodded and poked a few dozen more times just in case there's still some medical mystery that needs figuring out.

No comments:

Post a Comment