Monday, January 3, 2011

Pain is good, right?

Man am I hurting today.  Who knew boxing on a wii would be such a workout, I thought maybe I was just being a wuss, but the hubbie is hurting too and he's in a lot better shape then I am.  Today was a pilates day which is helping to stretch out my sore muscles and keeping me on track for a workout.  I finished mine and the husband is doing it now, he's hurting so bad he thought he needed it.  Normally he goes for a run, hits the gym, or does the Insanity workouts, but he's making pilates look manly. 

Its my son's birthday tomorrow so I'm a little worried because birthday's mean dinner out at the person's favorite place, its the only time we eat out really, but it also means cake. He's turning 7 so I still want him to have a cake, and I don't have to eat it but I know myself, I think its a waste of money that no one is eating it and I'll decide its my fiscal responsibility to see that it gets eaten.  Or my husband will and then he'll be mad at me.  We curb this usually by having cupcakes at the school because then I don't have to even be there, but then we get complaints from grandparents and family members because they didn't get to blow out candles, which seems kind of silly to me, but since we don't live near them they count on the pictures as a sense of connection so they guilt me into things easily. 

I'm also a little worried about having time to work out, I usually spend some time at the school on their birthday and that means something in my normal routine is going to get pushed aside, plus dinner out means about 30 mins to and hour longer for dinner then usual.  My husband is a great help, but time still gets away from me most days, there's just not enough of it.  But I've been making a point of being more diligent and I'm not giving myself wiggle room anymore.  I've got plans to swim tomorrow, and a time slot to do it in, that should help.  I pride myself on keeping appointments so there's half the battle, I think maybe this blog will be the giving point so if I don't check in, you'll know why. 

But hey, my son is turning 7 tomorrow, how great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment