Friday, January 7, 2011

Maintaining momentum

The weather here has kept me home today which is unfortunate because its the day before my first weigh in and I was hoping for an all out last chance workout in the pool.  Instead I had to work out at home which was okay because I unlocked the hardcore workout mode on my game and boxed my way through a pretty hard workout.  I still feel like I should do something else, but I'm afraid to over do it and create another injury for myself, so for now I think it will be enough, we'll see.

Along the lines of my other monthly goals, I wasn't able to swim do to the nearly 12 inches of snow that's fallen since 8 am, but I have been drinking lots of water,so much so I'm worried it may be too much, but my husband seems to think that's not really possible, we'll see.  As it turns out my daily goal of 110 ounces may not be enough anyway because of how much I weigh.  I read I'm supposed to drink half my body weight in ounces of water, that's 175 ounces daily!  That seems an enormous amount of running to the bathroom, but if I actually run its a few added mini work outs a day right!

I've been eating better and better as the week has progressed, I'm trying to eat smaller portions more times a day, but its hard for me to eat when I'm not hungry, and harder for me to control portions when I am.  Its another goal I'm working on this month, portion control, so add it to the list! Its a lot more time in the kitchen making meals and snacks throughout the day, but I'm hoping that if the husband helps out for some of it I won't get too frustrated and tired of being in there all the time.  Whats important is keeping this going and showing our children the right way to eat, we hope that learning it this early will prevent any problems for them in the future, right now they are both in excellent shape, neither of them seem to have inherited my metabolism which is a blessing from god really! 

1 comment:

  1. Great Job hun! My first weigh in is tomorrow, Im nervous and excited at the same time. I have fasted all week with nothing but liquids!so Im starved for a decent meal. But hoping for a good weigh in for week 1!

    ReplyDelete