Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Wobbley Start

So I thought with the official start being today I'd tell a little more of my story, maybe add a picture or two.  In addition every day I'll include my workout of the day, how I felt about it, a little about my diet approach and any pit falls or success's I may have along the way.  Its a fight to the finish, so I guess this blog will be my play by play.

Well about me.  I'm a stay at home mom with a husband in the military.  That means I'm on my own a lot, and pulling the duty of two parents when I am.  I'm tired most of the time which could be said about most parents.  My boys are 5 and 7, I was overweight before I got pregnant, and each pregnancy has added to the total weight of who I am now.  Being overweight both pregnancies where tough on me, I had issues with my gall bladder which resulted in surgery very soon after giving birth, and a large baby which resulted in another major surgery in having a c-section.  With that came hard recoveries and more weight gain.  I battled with weight before having children, since then its only gotten harder as I've gotten heavier.

At my heaviest I weighed about 370 pounds, that's shocking to me because I eat better then most people, always have.  I've been on a diet since I was 12, I know how to eat.  I also try to keep active, at my heaviest I still walked at least 3 miles a day and went to the gym at least twice a week.  When I talked to my doctors about this they wouldn't believe me, my husband had to come in and set them straight, I guess a man in a uniform is a more reliable source.  I've spent more then half my life on a diet, and all I've managed to do was get heavier.

About seven months ago I was put on medication for the first time and maybe its helped a little. A month before  I started working out on the Insanity program, with some modifications made because my weight puts stress on my ankles and wrists so some things needed to be done differently.  I didn't loose any weight before the medicine, even a month of insanity didn't budge my waistline.  Two months on the lowest dose of Metformin and working out on Insanity, and eating the restricted insulin resistant diet and I lost 29 pounds, but then I got hurt, my back gave out.  So I stopped working out for awhile and gained about 13 pounds back.  But those 13 pounds have been about it in the five months since all that happened.  Even with having stopped the completely restricted diet eating moderate carbs instead of almost none. 

So here I am still 354 pounds, no change which is better then gaining, but not quite progress.  And I've injured myself again which means work outs have to be modified even more.  I slipped as soon as the weather got cold and busted my leg, physical therapy is in my future, which means I may be able to get back to the gym soon, but for now its at home pilates modified so I'm not hurting myself, and a prayer that I don't put more weight back on like the last time. This is where I start, wobbling a bit, but trying to go back down again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment