Monday, January 24, 2011

Good lord its cold outside!

Woke up this morning to -5 degrees, before the wind chill, and realized I had to walk my children back and forth to school 3 times in this cold, but its good exercise right?  My husband is back on days so its me back to walking at least 2 miles a day back and forth from the school which is good, I live in the mountains so the hills make for good exercise and get me outside for at least 30 mins each round trip, I see my neighbors and the fresh air is nice, but today it was so cold I almost turned around and called the boys in sick!  We wrapped ourselves in layers and forged on through the cold. 

My weigh in this week was just like last week, no change, its crazy to me.  My solution was I got weight training bands and I'm going to add more weight training to my routine and if I'm not completely tired from the extra walking and my regular stuff, I'll also add 30 mins more to my 60 mins of cardio, does that seem like I lot, I guess we'll see.  This leaves less time for other stuff, but I'm making a point to not let my blog suffer, or my monthly goals.  I'm only going to get two more days in the pool, but I think I can add 4 laps with each trip and still make my goal of 40.  My weight loss goal isn't even close, but I think maybe I'll get some answers when I have my next doctors appointment.

Other then the cold and the scale not budging I've been thinking about going back to school.  My husband is hoping to go to college in the fall and I'd like to finish my degree as well.  I started college before the boys were born and finished my freshman year, but that's it.  Its well past time that I go back and finish my degree. I'm a little back and forth about my degree, but I'm sure I'll figure it out as I go.  Its about time for me to get my stuff together!

No comments:

Post a Comment