Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finding my flow

So I didn't make it to the pool yesterday, it was too much going on around here, but I did get a boxing work out in, and I made it to the pool today!  Swimming is so much easier on my leg as its healing, and I can move in the water much better then on land.  I think getting there a few times a week is really going to give me something that works, and that I look forward to.  I came home and made a simple lunch for my husband and me which was nice for us to have together because we don't get that much time together. 

Yesterday was so busy that I really could have given myself any number of excuses to not to, but I finished everything else I was working on and made the time because its important.  It was something I've always had problems with giving myself free passes until it becomes more the rule then the exception.  Then when I see no difference on the scale I give up all together.  But its like something has finally clicked, I know that there's no give up option, there never was.  I don't have time to waste anymore, its not going to get any easier, and the longer it takes the harder it will be. 

 Its early yet in the process, I know it will get harder to fit stuff in, I know things will happen to break my concentration, but I feel like I can deal with all that better now.  I'm trying to be more optimistic about this process, to enjoy myself along the way and keep focused on what I'm doing and where I'm going.  Its a long up hill battle, but I'm putting my climbing shoes on and getting going.  If I stumble I will pic myself up and dust myself off and get going again.

1 comment:

  1. Dont give up, you will only regret it when you find yourself trying to start this whole process over! Its taking eevrything i have right now to not go stuff my face with all this delicious food since im on an all liquid fast for 2 weeks! I think i can onli handle the first week!

    ReplyDelete