Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No pool, but still working my a** off

So for the last few days I've had an ear ache and been unable to swim until I find some of that putty you put in your ears when you swim. Not even sure if they make it anymore but since I can't swim I've had to try and push myself past the pain in my leg to get a really good workout everyday.  It means more ice, since I'm trying to stop taking the pain meds, but I'm still managing to get through.  Today was a biggest loser 60 min cardio work out at home and I managed to get through the whole thing which was great.  I even schooled the husband during a few of the exercises.  Yesterday it was boxing on the wii, did another hardcore workout and had took the first bowing exam which I past!

So after being slightly disappointed with my first weigh in, I decided to weigh myself yesterday to see if I was still having issues and I had lost 4 pounds from Saturday!  So its three down from where I started and that much closer to my months goal!  I know its just a little step forward but for me its something to be celebrated.  I spent 5 years working my butt off getting nowhere, my weight didn't budge more then two pounds either way for nearly 5 years.  It was good in the since that really no matter what I stuffed in my face I didn't get any bigger, but it sucked when I was working out and eating right and still not seeing any progress on the scale.  SO now that I am heading in the right direction, and my work is yielding progress it gives me hope that I'm going to get there!

So maybe no pool for a couple of days, and maybe I won't hit 35 pounds this month, but I'm working out 6 days a week, drinking plenty of water, writing in my blog and enjoying the process.  Every day the diet gets better, I plan more and think about not just my calorie intact but making sure I'm eating the right things at the right time of day in the right amounts.  Its a lifestyle change, for me it has to be, so even on days when I hate it and I wish I could just eat something easy and not think about it, I have my dreams and goals to see me through, and my husband keeping me honest, and my children keeping me strong, because in the end I know that they need this even more then I do, so a problem doesn't occur in their lives and so they get the mommy they deserve!

1 comment:

  1. great Job Hun, Hope you can get back to swimming soon! But its always good to change your work out up a bit

    ReplyDelete